- initially 10mg/24hr PO;
- increase by 12.5mg/24 hr q5-7 days to 100mg/24 hr;
- max dose of 300mg/24hr based on response;
- Peds: 0.2 mg/kg/24hr PO initially; increase by 0.2 mg/kg/24hr increments q7-10 days; max dose of 3 mg/kg/24hr;
- beware may produce profound orthostatic hypotension, esp w/ diuretic use;
- may potentiate effects of vasopressor agents; increase bowel movements, and diarrhea possible
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Friday, December 16, 2011 2:29 pm