Fractures of the Talar Head
- account for 5 to 10 percent of all talar frx
- mechanism: compressive force with a plantar flexed foot;
- low incidence of AVN due to good vascularity;
- difficulty in recognition, mid tarsal instability, arthrosis,
- will find tenderness at the talonavicular joint;
- routine radiographs do not show this fracture, and therefore tomograms or special oblique radiographs are used
Surgical Treatment of Talar Body Fractures.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:08 pm