Distal Ulna Arthroplasty
- See: Distal RU Joint
- Surgical Options:
- Hemi-resection Arthroplasty of RU Joint
- Darrah's Procedure
- Modified procedure (Bower's)
- Sauve Kapandji
- distal ulna resection can lead to carpal migration and ulnar snapping;
- w/ failed arthroplasty arthrodesis (in neutral or slight dorsiflexion) may be required;
- fusion is often favored because of frequent failure of arthroplasty
Poor results of Darrach's procedure after wrist injuries.
The Sauvé-Kapandji procedure.
Distal radioulnar joint arthroplasty. Current concepts.
Madelung's deformity. An end-result study of surgical treatment.
Radial head fractures and their effect on the distal radioulnar joint. A rationale for treatment.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:13 pm