Carpal height & Carpal height ratio
- average carpal height ratio is 53 % (range, 45-60 %)
- carpal height ratio may be used to follow progression of degenerative disease, carpal instability, osteonecrosis, & osteoarthrosis;
- decrease in carpal height ratio, indicates carpal collapse;
- carpal height is distance between distal articular surface of capitate to distal articular surface of radius;
- carpal height ratio: carpal height / length of 3rd metacarpal
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, August 13, 2012 4:50 pm