- a series of pairs of small muscles extending from the sacrum to axis;
- origin: transverse processes of the vertebrae;
- insertion: bases of the spinous processes of the 2nd vertebrae above;
- action: acting bilaterally, rotation of the spine to the opposite side;
- nerve supply: posterior rami of the spinal nerve;
- synergists: Intertransversarii, Interspinales, Multifidus and Rotators Brevis
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:18 am