- diff dx:
- exercise-associated muscle cramping
- Parkinson’s disease
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- peripheral neuropathy
- lumbar radiculopathy (S1)
- metabolic myopathies (myopathic disorders)
- low serum Mg and calcium
- vitamin D deficiency
- vascular insufficiency
- diabetes mellitus
- lipid-lowering agents, antihypertensives, ß-agonists insulin; oral contraceptives
- serum CPK levels
- Randomised, cross-over, placebo controlled trial of magnesium citrate in the treatment of chronic persistent leg cramps.
- Magnesium for the treatment of nocturnal leg cramps: a crossover randomized trial.
- Phys Ed: Can Pickle Juice Stop Muscle Cramps?
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, January 21, 2013 2:43 pm