Zyvox / Linezolid
- See: Zyvox Commercial Web Site
- for MRSA and staph epi infections;
- dose: 600 mg PO bid;
- in standard dosing, the plasma and tissue levels will be between 10-11 mcg/ml (about 4 mcg/ml in bone);
- mao inhibitors
- linezolid is a reversible, nonselective inhibitor of monoamine oxidase;
- linezolid has the potential for interaction with adrenergic and serotonergic agents;
- side effects include myelo - suppression, peripheral neuropathy, and optic nerve issues;
- Successful treatment of chronic bone and joint infections with oral linezolid.
- Linezolid in the Treatment of Implant-related Chronic Osteomyelitis.
- Linezolid treatment of prosthetic hip Infections due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Safety and tolerability of linezolid.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 6:57 am